Treat AKs early and powerfully.
1 In 10 Ak Lesions
will Turn Into
AKs are the most common epithelial precancerous lesions. While AK lesions are often thought of as surface lesions, they can reach a depth of 1.86 mm below the surface, which is within the epidermis.10-12
If the cells that extend below the surface are not removed during treatment, they can progress into squamous cell carcinoma (SCC) or basal cell carcinoma (BCC).9,10
Do not apply to the eyes or to mucous membranes. The most common local adverse reactions (incidence ≥ 10%) were erythema, edema, stinging/burning, scaling/crusting, itching, erosion, hypo/
Why use LEVULAN® KERASTICK® + BLU-U®?
Photodynamic therapy (PDT) utilizes light in conjunction with a photosensitizing agent (protoporphyrin [PpIX]) to produce singlet oxygen within the epidermis that results in subsequent cell death.4,13
Not all light sources are designed
the same because:
- Red light penetrates much deeper into the skin, surpassing the depth of AK lesions, causing unnecessary exposure to deeper tissue4,11
- BLU-U covers an active working area of 214 square inches—14 times larger than the red light of other PDT treatments6,7
- The patented U-shaped design of BLU-U allows for uniform light coverage of the treatment area in a single illumination session6
LEVULAN KERASTICK + BLU-U
can offer you and your patients:
- The ability to treat multiple AK lesions over a larger area and precisely penetrate down to the root of AK4,14
- Minimal risk of scarring—there were no accounts of scars reported in clinical trials2,4,13
- An in-office treatment option—no required extra effort at home2
The depth and wavelength of BLU-U were designed to precisely attack AKs, while avoiding unnecessary exposure to deeper tissue2,4,6
The BLU-U depth of penetration corresponds with the location of AKs (2 mm vs ≥1.86 mm) in the epidermis4,6,11,12,15
The BLU-U wavelength is matched to protoporphyrin IX’s peak absorption (417 nm ± 5 vs 410 nm)4,6,8,12
*KTP=Potassium titanyl phosphate laser. PDL=Pulsed dye laser. IPL=Intense pulsed light.
BLU-U blue light is 6-10X more efficient than other light sources in treating AKs because the wavelength is matched to the PPIX peak absorption.4,6,8,12
Learn how the leading PDT works